So - a funny thing happened to me at the Hinterland Wine Company a few years ago. Hinterland produces exceptional sparkling wines, and I went in not really liking sparkling wine at all, but left carrying two bottles of their Ancestral Rosé. I can't really explain it, other than to say that their wines are so good, I was converted on the spot.
There are so many things that we love about both The Hinterland Wine Company:
1. Their product, premium sparkling wine, is fantastic.
2. The owners are extremely personable and passionate about what they do. On any given day - one or both can usually be seen in the vicinity of their tasting room area and are more than happy to educate you about their wines.
3. They have a beautiful patio/tasting area and I believe they have expanded their food offerings.
4. Their branding is awesome - just look at their logos, signage, labels, T-shirts etc. It suits everything that they do so well, and I actually want to wear their logos, which is kind of a rare thing for me.
5. There are some really awesome vibes in this place, the staff are always informative and very friendly. It really looks like everyone enjoys their work, which to me says a lot about the management.
They produce exceptional product in a most unpretentious environment.
The Hinterland Wine Company is located at 1258 Closson Road, Hillier, ON (and they are fully open in the winter months - yay!!!) Although check their site or social for updates as they may close for a couple of weeks).
HINTERLAND WINE COMPANY
Click HERE for more on "County Characters".